Wednesday, February 11, 2015

#bodposfeb (11)

11) Write a body positive letter to your past self.
 Oooookaaaay.  This is a tough one.  Whenever I wish I knew something when I was younger, or that I had taken different actions, I remember that to imagine a different life is to imagine a different self with which to live it.  I don't want to do that; I love who I am.  I wouldn't wish to tell my younger self what was to come, because I wouldn't end up the woman that I am now.  Of course, today's challenge doesn't have to be that deep.  But I can't escape the notion that telling my past self anything would change who I am now.  The things I wish for my past self are that she had a better support system and valued herself more, but one can't just say "Value yourself!"  And telling my past self that her support system sucks doesn't change her support system.  So I don't really know what to write to my past self.  The only major blip on my body positivity journey was the few months when my weight reached 200lbs and I was miserable, but I quickly realized that I was only miserable because I was giving credence to my dad's hatred of fat people.  I wouldn't take that learning experience away from myself, because it was a great lesson in not letting the opinions of those close to me affect my view of myself.  So yeah, I don't have a body positive letter, or any other kind of letter, to write to my past self.  And I'm actually really happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment