Saturday, February 14, 2015

#bodposfeb (14)

14) Describe your ideal relationship with your body.
Because I have mental health issues, when I think of "my body," I also think about my brain chemistry.  Hence, this post is mostly about my ideal relationship with my head-space, because I'm pretty good with my body image. 
*I want to be forgiving of my body.  When I'm clusterfucked and miserable, I don't want to cut myself, I want to be gentle with myself.  Even if I can only resist cutting for a few hours before giving in, I want to give myself those few hours.
*I want to appreciate how strong my body is, especially when my brain has me feeling weak.  I want to get up and be active a little everyday, even if I'm so depressed that anything other than being horizontal feels impossible.  My mind may have moments of weakness, but I want to remember that physically, I am always capable of action.
*I want to pamper my body.  Even, or especially, when I feel like I don't deserve it.  #bodposfeb has taught me that taking half an hour to make my body feel good makes my mind feel good.  Instead of thinking, "I didn't do anything productive today, so I don't deserve pampering," I want to remember, "Pampering myself makes me feel like I can handle being productive."  I want to be optimistic about what I can accomplish, and taking care of my body puts me in the head-space to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment