Wednesday, February 18, 2015

#bodposfeb (18)

18) Write about what body positivity means to you.

I don't really know where to start with this because, to me,"body positivity" is so damn self-explanatory.  I will say that what I look for when a site or article claims to be body positive is that it is inclusive of all bodies, healthy and unhealthy.  I don't care how out of shape people are, they still deserve respect and care and they are free to feel positively about their bodies.  On a more personal note, my body positivity means seeing the beauty in others' bodies, and in my own.  It is basking in the glow of exercise, but it is also rubbing my tummy after eating a bunch of ice cream.  It's simply taking joy in this body of mine, no matter what its state.  The same goes for how I try to view others: all bodies have value, no matter what they look like or what they are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment