Thursday, February 19, 2015

#bodposfeb (19)

19) Post a picture of yourself in your favorite outfit.

I don't like using the word "love" to describe my feelings for items of clothing, but I fucking love this coat.  The hood is huge so it covers my hair without smooshing it, it's longer in the back than the front which gives it visual interest and means my ass doesn't get frozen when I sit outside, and the fabric has a really beautiful weave.

I was a little disappointed in this dress when I opened its package.  I have the Asos Curve skater dress with no sleeves in black, and with short sleeves in grey, and I'm mightily enamored of both.  This is the same cut, of course, but the fabric is cheaper.  My other dresses are a straight up jersey, and this one is similar to jersey but slinkier.  However, I like the cut so much that when I pair the dress with the coat it still qualifies as my favorite outfit.

I asked for the necklace for Christmas and was super excited to get it.  "I am I am I am" is the end of a quote from Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar.  I like Plath's poetry better than I like The Bell Jar, but the quote ("I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart:  I am, I am, I am.") always makes me kind of smile and lift my head a little higher.  And I like the Out of Print company because for every purchase they donate a book to a community in need of books.







Coat, XXL- Steve Madden
Dress, 14- Asos Curve
Necklace- Out of Print

No comments:

Post a Comment