Monday, February 23, 2015

#bodposfeb (21-23)

21) Share three quotes that inspire you or make you feel good about yourself.
*"If you can't be pretty, be as pretty as you can be."  Now, this might not sound very body positive, but it is the way I use it.  I don't take it to mean, "Always put effort into your appearance;" I say it to myself to remind myself to be the best I can.  Sometimes I say, "If you can't be happy, be as happy as you can be," when I'm having a blue day, and it reminds me that there are things in my life that I can count on even when my brain chemistry is clusterfucked.  In terms of being pretty, like I said, it doesn't mean to me that I have to make myself pretty; somehow for me it means that there is always something beautiful about me and I should remember that.  The quote is from the book Beauty Before Comfort, by Allison Glock.  It's a biography of her grandmother and is a very sweet little read.
*"Do I dare to eat a peach?"  This is from my favorite poem, The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S. Eliot.  It's my version of "carpe diem."
*"Keep your head up."  This one explains itself.

22) Post an image that makes you think of body positivity.





23) Appreciate your naked self.

Well, this was easy.  I love my body, and being naked is right up my alley.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment