Tuesday, February 10, 2015

#bodposfeb (8-10)

8) Write about something you are grateful to your body for allowing you to do.
Okay, I'm in a crappy head space and I'm just gonna roll with it.  My agoraphobia stops me from doing anything outside, and my depression stops me from doing things like showering daily and cleaning my apartment.  However, I am extremely grateful that when my brain chemistry isn't ass, my body allows me to do those things.  I can move my furniture at a whim, I can garden for ten hours, I can walk to the grocery store... I'm lucky that my body allows me to do those things.  I don't have to worry about handicap access at restaurants, or sneaking a grocery cart home from Giant.  I'm in a shit head space, but maybe focusing on what I can physically do when I'm mentally better will help me feel better.  I actually think that's kind of working.  I'm 100% against telling people "You should be glad things aren't worse," but in this instance I think that needs to be how I look at things.


9) Express your appreciation for a source of support in your life.
I live in an apartment building that my dad owns.  I live here rent free.  The only thing he asks me to do it keep up the yard work and keep the hall clean.  And since June 2014, I haven't been able to do the yard work, but he has given me no shit about it.  My dad also gives me $250 a week, and he pays for my medication.  My dad doesn't hold this over my head or ever throw it in my face.  He makes sure to tell me that I'm not a burden, that he is happy to make sure that I have a home and food and health care.  It's a source of shame for me that I can't take care of myself, but I am deeply grateful that my father is able and willing to take care of me until I'm doing better.  He can be a fatphobic ass, but he's a good person and a wonderful father.  I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for his support.

10) Share a song, poem, book, movie, or TV show that helps you feel body positive.

I legit don't have anything like this, so I'm listing blogs that make me feel body positive.
-Dances With Fat
-Tutus and Tiny Hats
-Thrift O Rama
-The Militant Baker
-Plus Size Princess
-A Fat Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment